Friday, November 20, 2009

Zoo Stuff...Without Animals

We really did see a ton of cool animals at the Audubon Zoo. However, I won't post pics of them yet. I want to tinker with some of the pics I took before I post them to make sure they are as awesome-looking as possible. In the interim, why not stay with the train theme, eh?

After we arrived in New Orleans on the Amtrak, on Saturday we took a trolley to the zoo. Once at the zoo, what should we expect to see, but...ANOTHER TRAIN. After 3 hours of putting Levi off for a train ride, we rode this one. I mean, how many train rides does one kid need, right? A LOT, apparently...

I really liked this shot of Levi and his daddy peering over the deck at the many, MANY alligators in the Louisiana swamp exhibit. Pics to follow. But, ick.

Levi riding a big statue of a lion...

Crawling on the circular bench around the elephant fountain (pics to follow)...

And just one to capture the little glimmer of fatigue we saw after we'd been there for a while. I really wished they made "pregnant mommy" sized wagons, but Scott was secretly glad they didn't. :)







No comments: