Monday, August 9, 2010

Don't Let This Sweet Face Fool You

There's a lot going on in there. Some sweetness. Some rot. Some purity. Some deviance. And it changes so much every day. He's growing up way too fast. I'm just glad I'm along for the ride.

Some recent conversations:

"Hey, Mommy. When I was a wittle boy at Nanny's house, I just went to the garden and there was a dinosaur and he smushed me all up."

(Talking about a dream) "Yesterday, I was just screaming because that bunny rabbit was chasing me."

"I wanna go to the boy haircut pwace" after being forced to get a haircut with Mommy. Afterwards, crying and begging not to have his "eye-bwows waxed" like Mommy. :)

We are constantly learning the distinction between "big boy" toys and "baby" toys. If it's a toy Levi wants, it's a "big boy" toy and Shiloh can't have it. If it's a "baby" toy being played with by Shiloh, it clearly needs to move back into the realm of "big boy" toy. Characterizations are fluid, right?

I can hardly believe he'll be four years old in two shorts months. Where did all the time go?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He really is just sooooo stinkin' cute, Faith!!! I love that smile!