Friday, January 11, 2013

A Sad Day

I'm having one today.  Longing for the son I lost.  Sometimes that happens.  Rainy days.  Days in January when I remember being pregnant with him and flying to Philly on Super Sunday to await his birth.  Days when I remember all those little moments with him in the Ronald McDonald House.  When I didn't know those were the only days I would have. 
 
So many memories wrapped up in that little room with the boat beds and seashells painted on the wall.  Three twin beds and a queen, and a crib they moved in for Levi.  A little yellow bassinett when Aaron came along.  Our room was next to the tv room (there were no tvs in the guests rooms) and sometimes it was loud with sounds from spanish language television or cartoons.  There was one computer on a table down the hall and it was often occupied.  There was a laundry room with the first front-load washers and driers I had ever seen.  These are some of my memories.
 
I long for him..my little son.  And I treasure each memory.  Remember to cherish each moment with your family.  You never know how long you may have with them.
 
 

2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh, Faith. Hugs to you today, friend.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your memories with us. You are a great mommy and were so to Aaron. I hurt for you today, and wish we could have met him. Thank you for the reminder to cherish our times with our children. Love you!