Thursday, February 12, 2009

KWAZY or WITTLE?

Recent conversations with Levi continue to crack me up. This morning, were were driving to school and passed the Reservoir YMCA. Parked out front nearly every day are five brightly-colored buses. Levi loves them because...well...they're buses. As we drove by this morning, this was our conversation:

Levi: Mommy, see dose buses?!!
Me: I did see them...did you?
Levi: Yeah! I see em. (pause) Mommy, buses is kwazy.
Me: (pause) They're crazy?
Levi: No, dey not kwazy...dey wittle.

Reflecting on our conversation and the origin of the word "crazy" in his vocabulary, I've decided that my son has picked up on the word "crazy" from watching me dry my hair in the mornings. I will often say (or Scott will) that my hair is crazy because it is quite large most of the time. So, Levi apparently thinks crazy=big. I guess we need to work on finding some better adjectives to describe my hair.

2 comments:

Kevin, Kara, Kolton, & Kannon said...

Who would have thought that buses would be so fascinating to little boys!!! We got behind one today going to school and Kolton was about to jump out of his seat!

The Cross Family said...

That is too funny. We have vocab problems too. When Thomas's stomach hurts..he tell us it is "angry"