Thursday, March 26, 2009

Some Things Never Change...But Some Things Do!

Levi is growing up fast. Yet, some things seem to stay the same. For example, he still does NOT like getting his haircut. See below:


However, some things are changing. Over the past few weeks, Levi has gravitated into calling himself "me" instead of "Wevi." Now, if I show him a picture of himself on my digital camera and say "who's that," he replies, "dat's ME." It's neat to watch his mind make the gradual realization of proper pronoun usage, even though he still sometimes confuses him, her and it. For example, buses are often "her" and people are "whats." He might point to someone at the grocery store and ask "what's dat" instead of "who's that" or he might see a bus driving away and tell me to "catch her" instead of "it." But I understand what he means.


Some other funny Levi-isms:

Puddnin=pudding
Noonles=noodles
Waygo=Diego
Mohkysickle=motorcycle
Tire truck=fire truck
Chik Nunnet=chicken nuggets

The English language is a confusing thing! But he is mastering it day by day. :)

2 comments:

Kevin, Kara, Kolton, & Kannon said...

Girl, I am right there with ya in the haircut picture. Bless the poor souls at sports clips!!!
Levi-isms = too funny!

Anonymous said...

Sweet Levi. He is growing up! The picture is precious. Bless him. I love the Levi-isms too! That age is so much fun! I miss Sims being that age sometimes.