Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Weekend Like Mine

Everyone should get to experience a weekend like mine every now and then.

First of all, I got to take off work on Friday. That in itself is worth a lot.

Next, I got to head to New Orleans with two of the best girlfriends anyone could hope for. Here's a couple of shots of the superfriends taking in some poboys at Petunia's in the french quarter.

Amber with roast beef...

Mmmmm.........good. I think the gravy even got in her wedding ring.

And Christi tackling the shrimp...


Yum, yum good.
After our great meal and some beignets, we got to spend several hours on Friday and Saturday with one of my favorite Bible teachers, Beth Moore. Unfortunately, I didn't get many great shots in the arena, but I'm sure I'll find some to post soon...
Today, Levi got to experience his very first Easter Peep.


It's one of his mom's favorite Easter candies. I think he likes them...don't you?

:)



4 comments:

Amber said...

Thanks so much for posting a fabulous picture of me!! But...boy was that po-boy good. The weekend was one that I'll remember forever...and I am so glad to spend it with two of my favs. And Beth wasn't all that bad either. WOW is about all I can say...and GIVE IT TO GOD! I am in utter amazement at how close God felt!!! Good stuff!

Amber said...

Oh, and my stomach just turned looking at the Peeps!! Ughh!! Teach that child that the only suitable Easter candy is the Reece's peanut butter eggs!!! (I know you had some of those too...share them with Levi, oh, were you trying to keep those all to yourself?)

Amber said...

I know...it's Reese's not Reece's. Minor mistake!

abbey said...

Okay.. Now, I am officially jealous. I wasn't jealous of missing the weekend, until I saw the pictures of the po-boys..umm, hum..good! I am so glad that ya'll had a good time.