Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Please Tell Me You Sent Angels...

Sometimes I'm not a spiritually sound person. I like to think I am. But I'm not. There, I said it. It almost feels better, but not really.

There's been a ton of heaviness in my heart over the past several days. It's almost too difficult to put into words. Every time I hear of a horrible tragedy in the world, I secretly ask God, "what is the POINT in all this?" Why did Susan Smith send her van into a lake with her young children strapped inside? Why did crazy Josh Powell bludgeon his young sons and torch his home? Why did you LET that happen? Why do seemingly innocent children and babies have to suffer pain, illness or abuse at the hands of those who supposedly "love" them? What were these poor children thinking as they suffered catatrophically at the hands of those in charge of them? You could've stopped it, God. So, why didn't you?

I don't have any answers. I trust that one day I will understand the reason for pain and suffering. Why it all relates to the fall of man. But until then, I pray fervently for comfort for these little ones. Please tell me you sent angels, God, to hold Charles and Braden before their father killed them. Please tell me you send them every time. Please tell me they have no memory of that pain and suffering in Heaven. Until then, I'll await the answers to the hard questions when I meet You face to face.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I struggle with this all. the. time. It's so hard to make sense of all the needless tragedy in the world and try to find God in it. I hate that cycle! Sometimes I just wish that I could be one of those people who always trusts and always believes that God has a reason for what suffering he allows, but I'm just not there.